Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 25, 2011

My busy October!

Before I tackle the blog post that is stewing within my brain circuitry, let me give you a glimpse at this coming month's schedule. It's going to be a busy one!

First off: I will be headed down to the fun-filled (almost typed gun-filled! woops!) state of North Carolina in order to have some much needed mayhem and fun with some fun-loving, fat, jealous, losers that I met through Regretsy and the associated Regretsy Forums. If you love crafting, are sarcastic, funny, have a dirty mind and love to make fun of other people's ridiculousness, then those are perfect places for you.

The following weekend we will be going to the 34th Freedom From Religion Foundation Convention. New friends, Lindsay and Darrick, will also be attending and hopefully we'll be able to meet up while there!  This will be my first convention geared toward one of my biggest passions, which is to protect the constitutional principle of separation of church and state. My goal is to one day be a speaker at an event such as this.

Which takes me to October 22nd - SkeptiCamp New Hampshire 2011!!  This is going to be a great way for me to dip me feet into public speaking on a topic that I have such passion towards. At work I have done some minor public speaking (presenting data and protocols and such), but the topic is usually dry, very straight forward, and the finding, while interesting, aren't usually earth shattering. Also, the large, really interesting presentations at work are given to more experienced scientists - another reason to kick myself for *only* getting my Bachelor's.

I do get nervous when I have to speak in front of a crowd, but I am determined to get comfortable at it - and the only way I can do that is to take on as much as I can (at work as well).


Then, there's hubby's birthday on October 16th, so I have to work on something for that!

There are also a few other goals that I want to work on this upcoming month. The past few months, I have been going to the gym, on average, once a week, and I want to get that number up, so my goal is twice a week. I also want to do better at updating this blog, which has been done, again, on average about once per week. I want to increase my postings to 6 postings per month, minimum.

This past month has been a difficult, but rewarding month. In my effort to gain control of my mental health I made the difficult decision to cut ties, at least temporarily, with people in my life that were either too narrow-minded and hate filled or mentally unstable and constantly negative.  I made this decision not only for myself, but for my family. My son deserves a happy mother and he deserves to be surrounded by people who will love him no matter what. My sisters and I are close, my mental state is much more positive than it has been in previous months. I am coming out of my shell - I have been active in two outside groups, making new friends, and overall life is good. I want it to continue in that general direction - ups and downs, but more ups, and the dips being a bit shallower than they have been, so they're easier and quicker to get out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment